Skip to main content
All Case studies

My husband was killed in a taxi crash. Can I still claim from the RAF?

By July 23, 2018November 12th, 2021No Comments
raf claims

Firstly, we are sorry to hear of your loss. And in answer to your question, yes – you may be able to submit a claim to the Road Accident Fund (RAF) for financial compensation on behalf of your late husband.

What you can claim for
The RAF accepts claims from the dependents of the deceased who died as a result of injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident. As the legal wife, you can claim for compensation to cover the loss of support that your husband provided. You may also be able claim for the cost of his funeral.

In order to submit a claim, you will need the following documents

  • Your late husband’s identity document.
  • A death certificate or post mortem report.
  • A marriage certificate or other documentary proof of marriage.
  • Proof of earnings (e.g. your late husband’s salary slips or letter from his employer).
  • Proof of reasonable funeral expenses.

Why turn to a personal injury attorney?

At Adendorff Attorneys we understand that grief can be overwhelming. This is why we do our best to make the RAF claims process as easy and as smooth as we possibly can. No price can ever compensate for the loss of your husband, but given that we have over 12 years’ worth of experience, we have the necessary skills to get you a settlement that you and your family deserve. What’s more, we work on a “no win, no fee” basis so you don’t pay us a cent until your claim is successfully settled. Book your free appointment today, call 0860 122 529 or email