Whether you’ve been injured as a passenger in a car accident or hit by a vehicle while walking, you may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, future medical care, loss of income, loss of future income, and pain and suffering.
Any accident can result in significant physical pain and trauma. It’s to your advantage to speak to a personal injury attorney who will investigate your case to see if you have a claim. Legal experts like Adendorff Attorneys work on a contingency agreement, which means that if we don’t win your case, you don’t pay a cent.
What does a personal injury attorney do?
Personal injury attorneys are highly qualified representatives of the law. It is their job, among others, to:
- document and prove your loss, pain and suffering.
- determine who is responsible for your accident – there is often more than one party.
- be on your side and get the best help you possibly can.
- follow the correct legal processes and court procedures.
- call in expert witnesses, private investigators and medical specialists to support your case.
- keep an eye on timing and procedures. They make sure that all documents are filed properly and on time. Precious months – and settlements – are often lost because procedures weren’t followed properly.
- advise on courses of action. You will most likely need to make important decisions about your case from time to time. An experienced attorney can help you with good advice.
- use their skills and experience to increase the financial compensation you receive.
- make sure that your medical costs are all included in any settlement offer, so you don’t have to suffer additional financial harm by paying medical costs out of your settlement monies, which intend to compensate for your losses and future care.
- focus their time and energy on your case, because, most importantly, your matter is their career.